Hey Design Students, what are your Summer 2019 plans?
It’s never too early to start raking in that real-work experience. The design team at PRPL has grown over the past few years, and now we want to share what we’ve learned. So, we’re starting a society—a Student Design Society.
Next Summer, we welcome four college students to join our first annual design internship program. Over the course of 12 weeks, you’ll fulfill internship credit hours for your school while learning the product design process from top-to-bottom, cultivating user-focused design practices, and gaining invaluable tools to conquer your first job. Plus, it’s for credit hours!
12 week college internship and initiation into PRPL’s Student Design Society
Students will team up to tackle a specific assigned challenges through design. This is chance to learn the ins and outs of product design, take on key roles within an agile team, receive guidance from PRPL mentors, and learn how to solve human-centered problems.
By the end of the program, you’ll be armed and ready with practical experience, meaningful connections, and a portfolio/resume that will land you that dream job.
May 7 – July 26, 2019
We’re looking to assemble a team of designers with diverse skillsets. All designers are welcome to apply, but bonus points if you specialize in these areas:
- Visual Design & Aesthetics
- UX Design & Research
- UI Design & Efficiency
- Data-driven Design
- Current junior or senior undergraduate students pursuing a B.A. from an accredited technical school, college or university
- Design major or relevant area of study
- Available to work 24 hours per week
- 3.0 Minimum G.P.A.
- Permanent work authorization in the United States required
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Self-motivated, ambitious and passionate about design
- Collaborative, positive attitude
- Online or digital portfolio of work showing clean, tasteful design
- Competent in Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite
- Basic knowledge of usability a plus
- Basic knowledge of HTML/CSS a plus
“This internship is about the students—about giving back. There’s a lot that I wish I knew when I entered the job market, and now as a working professional I want to give other students a leg-up by exposing them to the types of challenges they will face in the field. Our curriculum is hands-on and teaches the principles we use here at PRPL to find solutions for our clients.”
– Josh Hurtado , Senior Designer
How to Apply
Applications will be open from December 3, 2018 to February 1, 2019. Selected individuals will be notified on March 1, 2019.
Click here to apply. For further inquiries, email email@example.com.